10 year regeneration plan for Hallwood Park and Palace Fields
Over the next 10 years Riverside are working to deliver a residential-led regeneration project within Runcorn which will involve the redesign and re-energise of the neighbourhoods to ensure sustainability for the foreseeable future.
The project involves expanding the housing tenure and house types to attract economically active families to the areas and provide housing solutions that meet needs created by the increase in elderly population.
We are working to refurbish selected existing homes, create a neighbourhood centre and develop open green spaces to create healthy communities. This will help us to support our overarching objective to close the gap between these estates and our best performing neighbourhoods. We are working alongside local education and employment providers to develop clear pathways to training and employment opportunities for the local people.
Community chest fund
As part of the regeneration we are committed to supporting current and future residents. This has included the delivery of a two year £100k investment in the community through a Community Chest Fund, open to community groups, local school, and community organisations to deliver much needed community intervention.
The objectives of the fund are to reduce social isolation (key in the current pandemic) by supporting people with training, tackling food poverty, volunteering and employment..
- OPEN 360 16 week community learning project.
- Sew Halton’s Sewn Together course over nine weeks creating over 100 items to donate to local schools such as book bags, cushions, aprons.
- Free lunches provided to residents through Four Estates Summer of Fun
- Play and craft sessions.
- Educational visits to local heritage sites.
- Four Estates and Queen of Hearts foodbank services in response to COVID-19.
- Generation Medics online course for teenagers and adults who wish to explore a career in healthcare.
Local community champions have worked with us to successfully deliver this project. We are continuing to work with these groups and individuals during the current challenging time and will continue to do so over the 10 years.