When you enquire about or buy a home from Prospect Homes we need to record and use certain information about you. Although we are ‘data controllers’ the information remains yours. You have rights and we have responsibilities.
Your basic right is that we must process your information lawfully, fairly and transparently. This privacy notice, which follows guidance given by the Information Commissioner’s Office at Privacy Notices, is part of being transparent – being open and clear so you can check that we are being lawful and fair.
In the spirit of transparency we will avoid jargon, but please note that ‘personal information’ is information about you from which you can be identified, whether directly or indirectly; and that ‘processing’ personal information, includes obtaining, recording, using, sharing, holding and deleting it.
This notice tells you
• what information we are processing and why
• the lawful basis for processing in each case
• how long we will retain your information
• how we will keep it safe, and
• what your rights are
The only information we process is information you give us yourself.
We won’t sell your information to anyone. We won’t make it available to another organisation for marketing purposes without your consent.
We will record your contact information – your name, address, contact numbers, and email address – so that we can respond to your enquiries and conduct our business with you. We will keep a record of those enquiries, responses and dealings. The lawful basis will be that the processing is a necessary step towards entering into a contract with you or a necessary part of performing it.
We may also use your information to provide you with updates on our developments or other marketing information, but only if you have consented. The lawful basis will be your consent which we will ask for when you first contact us. You will be able to withdraw it at any time.
We will share your contact information (including the correspondence and e-mail address of each party purchasing or occupying a property a “homeowner”) exchange and completion dates and details of the plot being purchased with the National House Building Council (NHBC) for the following purposes:
• In order that NHBC can administer its NHBC Buildmark warranty and insurance product (Buildmark Policy) and provide personalised details of the Buildmark policy to you as the homeowner. The legal basis for the processing by NHBC for this purpose is that the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation imposed by NHBC by the Insurance Distribution Directive and in the legitimate interests of NHBC for the administration communication of the policy terms to you as the homeowner. The legal basis for processing by Prospect is legitimate interests.
• In connection with conducting the National New Homes Survey which is a survey conducted by NHBC to gather feedback from homeowners and to monitor the effectiveness of the Consumer Code for Home Builders. The legal basis for this processing is legitimate interests of NHBC and Prospect
• In connection with the Home Builders Federation Star Rating Scheme (where applicable). The lawful basis for this disclosure will be legitimate interests of NHBC and Prospect.
The below is in accordance with the guidance set out by the Information Commissioner’s Office. (The paper version of this notice contains brief summaries of that guidance.)
Our processing of your information should be fair and lawful.
We should obtain your personal information only for specified purposes and each purpose should have a lawful basis. We won’t use it for a purpose that is incompatible with the original purpose, unless we have your agreement or the law requires it.
The information should be relevant and adequate and no more than is needed. When we can we will modify it so it doesn’t identify you. However, in most cases it will only serve a purpose if it is clear that it is about you.
It should be accurate and up-to-date.
We won’t retain it for longer than we need to. We follow national guidance including the National Housing Federation's guidance on document retention. You can find this guidance here.
And it must be safe and secure. We will employ measures to ensure security compliance by working towards a framework to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of your data. We will have security policies in place and will apply a risk based approach to the protection of personal data using appropriate technology, robust procedural controls and continual assessment of the effectiveness of these controls.
You also have the right of access to your information and for it to be rectified as appropriate.
You have the right to portability so that your information can be used in different settings.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to processing, for processing to be restricted, and even for the information itself to be erased.
Underlying all these rights you have the right to complain or raise concerns. You should contact the Data Protection Officer, The Riverside Group Limited,2 Estuary Boulevard, Estuary Commerce Park, Liverpool, L24 8RF; telephone number 0345 111000; email address email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephone number 0303 123 1113 local rate or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review. It was last updated in July 2018.
* Prospect Homes is a trading name of The Riverside Group Limited. Registered Office: 2 Estuary Boulevard, Estuary Commerce Park, Liverpool, L24 8RF. A charitable Industrial and Provident Society